Parmesan Crusted Chicken Pasta
As Seen on WCBI's Live @ Five!
Olive oil - 1 oz
Onions, small dice - 8 ounces
Garlic cloves minced - 4 ea
Tomato Concasse - 7 #
Basil, fresh chopped - 1/2 cup
Oregano, fresh chopped - 1 Tablespoon
1. Sweat the onion in the olive oil until they are translucent.
2. Add the garlic and saute it until an aroma is apparent.
3. Add the tomato concasse, tomato puree, and oregano to the mixture.
4. Simmer the mixture to achieve a heavy consistency.
5. Add the basil and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Yield : 2 Quarts
Chicken Tenders - 12 each
All Purpose Flour - 3 cups
Eggs - 5 each
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Panko breadcrumbs - 1 lb
Parmesan cheese - shredded - 4 cups
Parsley, fresh, chopped - 1 cup
Salt and pepper - as needed
• Mix the panko, parmesan and parsley together in a bowl and set aside.
• Place flour in another bowl and set aside.
• Whisk together eggs and water and set aside in separate bowl.
Breading the tenders:
• Use a dry-wet-dry procedure. Flour, egg wash, panko-parmesan breading.
• Place chicken tenders in flour and shake off excess before moving them to the egg wash.
• After the egg wash place the tenders in the panko-parmesan mix and make sure they are well coated.
• Place the tenders on a cookie tray and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to adhere.
Cooking the tenders :
• Fry the tenders in oil heated to approx 360 degrees F. Peanut or vegetable oil will work.
• When golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees remove the chicken from the fryer.
Penne pasta: • 1 # penne pasta.
• Cook the pasta as directed on the package in lightly salted water. Assembly:
• Toss the cooked pasta in the heated marinara sauce and place in a serving bowl.
• Arrange the cooked chicken on top of the pasta.
• Garnish with shredded parmesan and fresh basil sprigs. Serves 4-6 people.