AHI CRUNCHY SALAD
As Seen on WCBI's Live @ Five!
Seared ahi, mixed greens, asian slaw and crispy wontons tossed in a soy vinaigrette
• 1/2 cup mustard (Dijon)
• 4 medium shallots, chopped
• 2 Tbsp black vinegar, or balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
• 2 Tbsp cup soy sauce
• 1 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cups canola oil
• Salt and Pepper
In a blender or food processor, combine the mustard, shallots, vinegars, soy sauce, and sugar and purée. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil until an emulsion is formed. Season with salt and pepper, remembering that not much salt will be needed because of the soy sauce. Use or store.
• Toss all vegetables and wontons in soy vinaigrette.
• Place in salad bowl.
• Slice ahi and place on top of salad.
• Drizzle with vinaigrette.
• Garnish with sesame seeds, wontons and scallions.